Vision, Values and Aims
Our vision is to ignite a lifelong passion for learning, to discover and develop potential, allowing all to flourish in an ever-changing world.
This is because our values are aspiration, endeavour, creativity, participation and respect.
How we go about this is set out in our curricular aims - what we teach, when, why and how.
Valuing aspiration means we:
- Aim high in all that we do;
- Prepare to succeed in school and in life;
- Aim to create memories and futures together.
Valuing endeavour means we:
- Believe hard work leads to success;
- Strive to achieve our targets, goals and ambitions;
- Develop resilience to thrive in an ever-changing word.
Valuing creativity means we:
- Believe that we are all creative;
- Love learning and thinking deeply;
- Acknowledge the importance of education for education’s sake.
Valuing participation means we:
- Learn from each other to make a positive impact on our school, families and world;
- Broaden our skills beyond the classroom;
- Promote community links through charity and voluntary work.
Valuing respect means we:
- Create a mutually respectful atmosphere;
- Have respect for ourselves, others and our surroundings;
- Form positive relationships in an environment that is free from prejudice, bullying and harassment.
Our aim is to ignite a lifelong passion for learning by:
- establishing a rich, imaginative and relevant curriculum;
- appreciating the impact we have as educators to enthuse, engage and enable; and
- creating the right conditions for learning through effective and consistent approaches to behaviour.
Our aim is for our learners to discover and develop their potential through:
- a carefully constructed curriculum that exposes them to a full range of subjects and experiences;
- an exposure to powerful subject knowledge and a development of the skills associated with the dialectic (debate, authentic experiences, experimentation, enquiry, analysis, problem-solving) and the rhetoric (communication skills, performance, show-casing); and
- learning about how they can manage their own behaviour by regulating, reflecting, relating, repairing and repeating.
Our aim is that all our learners will flourish in our ever-changing world because they:
- have had access to a varied and challenging curriculum that leads to successful outcomes in terms of character and capability;
- are equipped with the skills, knowledge and curiosity that will encourage them to continue exploring; and
- have developed positive emotional intelligence attributes that will contribute to successful professional and personal relationships during their life.