Vision & Values
At The John Warner School we ignite a lifelong passion for learning, to discover and develop potential, allowing all to flourish in an ever-changing world.
Our aim is to ignite a lifelong passion for learning by:
- establishing a rich, imaginative and relevant curriculum;
- appreciating the impact we have as educators to enthuse, engage and enable; and
- creating the right conditions for learning through effective and consistent approaches to behaviour.
Our aim is for our learners to discover and develop their potential through:
- a carefully constructed curriculum that exposes them to a full range of subjects and experiences;
- an exposure to powerful subject knowledge and a development of the skills associated with the dialectic (debate, authentic experiences, experimentation, enquiry, analysis, problem-solving) and the rhetoric (communication skills, performance, show-casing); and
- learning about how they can manage their own behaviour by regulating, reflecting, relating, repairing and repeating.
Our aim is that all our leaners will flourish in our ever-changing world because they:
- have had access to a varied and challenging curriculum that leads to successful outcomes in terms of character and capability;
- are equipped with the skills, knowledge and curiosity that will encourage them to continue exploring; and
- have developed positive emotional intelligence attributes that will contribute to successful professional and personal relationships during their life.
Our values reflect what we believe in as an educational institution and the behaviours we expect to see demonstrated by all those associated with the school. The values are:
Aspiration Endeavour Creativity Participation Respect
We value ASPIRATION which means we:
- Aim high in all that we do;
- Prepare to succeed in school and in life;
- Aim to create memories and futures together.
We value CREATIVITY which means we:
- Believe that we are all creative;
- Love learning and thinking deeply;
- Acknowledge the importance of education for education’s sake.
We value PARTICIPATION which means we:
- Learn from each other to make a positive impact on our school, families and world;
- Broaden our skills beyond the classroom;
- Promote community links through charity and voluntary work.
We value RESPECT which means we:
- Create a mutually respectful atmosphere;
- Have respect for ourselves, others and our surroundings;
- Form positive relationships in an environment that is free from prejudice, bullying and harassment.
We value ENDEAVOUR which means we:
- Believe hard work leads to success;
- Strive to achieve our targets, goals and ambitions;
- Develop resilience to thrive in an ever-changing word.