Head of Faculty
We expect John Warner students to participate fully in dance. We want students to enjoy dance, and we hope students achieve their full potential in dance.
- The PE Faculty works to promote high standards of performance in sports and aesthetic activities.
- Students undertaking examination courses are encouraged to strive for high academic achievement
- We aim to provide opportunities for all our students to voluntarily participate in sport outside the compulsory curriculum.
- We aim to develop a culture in which our students enjoy taking part and gain satisfaction from their achievements.
- We encourage students acquire skills and fitness habits for life that are carried with them when they leave.
- Am I physically competent?
- Am I physically active?
- Am I a good decision maker?
- Do I have a deep understanding of sport?
- Am I a confident performer/participant?
- Am I involved and engaged in sport?
- Do I have a positive attitude to sport?
- Do I respect the values of sport?
- Do I have a healthy active lifestyle?
Key Stage 4 BTEC Dance:
Topic 1: Importance of warming up and cooling down in a variety of dance styles
Topic 2: An introduction to choreography for different dance styles
Topic 3: Jazz
Topic 4: Contemporary
Topic 5: Ballet
Topic 6: Development of performance skills and techniques through rehearsal and performance of existing repertoire
Topic 7: A practical exploration of how others make performance material
Topic 8: Performing to a brief
Key Stage 5 BTEC Dance:
Topic 1: Understand the role and skills of a performer
Topic 2:Develop performance skills and techniques for live performance
Topic 3:Aply performance skills and techniques in selected styles
Topic 4: Review and reflect on development of skills and techniques for live performance
Topic 5: Investigating Practitioners’ work (External Unit)