Head of Faculty
To ignite a passion for Economics and discover how Economics fits in with our everyday lives
- Similarities and Differences
- Analysing – building chains of analysis
- Evaluation of concepts
- Short run/Long run impacts
- Diagrams to represent change
- What is Economics?
- What is micro/macroeconomics?
- How does Economics affect my life?
- How can Economics help to understand the world in which we live?
- Should governments try to manipulate/influence our choices?
- What makes a ‘good’ Economy?
Year 12 AQA A Level
- Economic methodology and the economic problem
- Price determination in a competitive market
- Production, costs and revenue
- Competitive and concentrated markets
- The market mechanism, market failure and government intervention in markets
- The measurement of macroeconomic performance
- How the macro economy works : the circular flow of income, AD/AS analysis, and related concepts
- Economic performance
- Macroeconomic policy
- Individual economic decision making
- Marginal, average and total revenue
- Perfect competition, imperfectly competitive markets and monopoly
- The labour market
- The distribution of income and wealth: poverty and inequality
- Financial markets and monetary policy
- Fiscal policy and supply-side policies
- The international economy